Early Entry Program (EEP) - Pre-Kindergarten

‘Growing, Learning and Playing Together’

Our Early Learning Program, pre-kindergarten (EEP), is a language rich program that focuses on learning through play where children interact, explore, and make sense of the world around them.  The program is delivered in a small classroom setting, allowing the learning team to address the unique learning needs of the children. The Early Entry program runs from September to June. All of our elementary schools offer 3-hour, half-day programs, both morning and afternoon.

EARLY ENTRY REGISTRATION PROCESS

EEP Open House

for children who are attending EEP in the 2019-2020 School Year

  • March 7 and 8, 2019 – St. Martha School
  • March 22, 2019 -Sister Mary Phillips School
  • April 4, 2019 -Gabriel School
  • April 11, 2019 –  Father Turcotte School AM
  • April 11, 2019-Father Beau School PM
  • May 2, 2019 – St. Kateri School
  • May 3, 2019-AM-St. Kateri School
  • May 3, 2019-PM-Elsie Yanik School
  • May 9, 2019 – St. Paul School
  • May 16, 2019 – St. Anne School
  • May 24, 2019 – Good Shepherd School

Registration is open at all district elementary schools as well as online.

EEP is an optional program that is not funded by the Province of Alberta. The Catholic Board of Education funds 85% of the cost of the program while parental program fees cover the remaining 15%.

Parental program fees are $500 a year. Prepayment of the first two first months ($100) is required at the time of acceptance into the program.

Fees are $500 / year with prepayment of $100 due when accepted into program.

When registering, you will be asked to provide a government-issued proof of your child’s name, date of birth and citizenship such as Birth Certificate, Canadian Citizenship or Immigration Certificate or Passport.

EARLY ENTRY TRANSPORTATION

For safety reasons, transportation for our Early Entry Programs is provided by the parents. Transportation services may be made available for students requiring specialized transportation arrangements. The Deputy Superintendent, Inclusive Education, in consultation with the Principal and the Secretary-Treasurer, will determine the need and type of transportation required for both temporary and long-term support for students who have medical conditions. The parent is responsible to inform the school if their child has a medical condition that requires intervention for transportation.