Teachers and permanent non-certificated staff of the Fort McMurray Catholic Board of Education have access to the Alberta Teachers Association Group Retirement Registered Saving Plan (RRSP) provided by the The Great-West Life Assurance Company / Capital Estate Planning Corporation. Contributions to the plan can be made via Payroll Deduction.
How to apply – for all staff wishing to contribute to the Group RRSP
Employees must complete the following application form. Submit the completed form directly to Capital Estate Planning Corp
- Application for membership in the plan form
- The name of the employer and the policy plan number are already entered
- Enter the payroll deduction amount in section 7 if applicable
- Make sure you complete all the sections and sign the application form in section 11
- Send the completed form directly to Capital Estate Planning Corp by fax or email (see top of the form for the details)
- DO NOT SEND A COPY OF THE FORM to the Human Resources or the Payroll Department
- Once the application is accepted by Capital Estate Planning, they will notify the Payroll Department directly
For ATA Members only
- Fort McMurray Catholic School teachers can direct their monthly Health Spending Account (HSA) credits to the ATA RRSP Plan. Note that this will terminate your HSA Plan. The change can only be done once per year.
- In accordance with article 7.3 of the ATA Collective Agreement, “On the date of hire of before the 15th of August of each year, eligible teachers
may choose to direct the next school year’s annual amount to the ATA Group Registered Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP) from
Capital Estate Planning. If no choice is made by the teacher within the time frame above, contributions will be made to the HSA in
- Teachers wishing to direct their HSA monthly contributions to the ATA Group RRSP must complete the following form and submit it directly to Capital Estate Planning Corp before the 15th of August for the change to take effect for the following School Year. You must also complete the application for membership form provided above.
- Once the change is made, it will remain in effect permanently unless a change request is sent to the Payroll Department. A teacher wishing to revert back to an HSA must notify the Payroll Department before the 15th of August for the change to be made for the following School Year.
NOTE for ATA Members:
- Teachers wishing to direct their HSA contributions to the ATA Group RRSP must complete two forms:
- All forms must be sent directly to Capital Planning Estates (see top of the form for the details)
- Changes for HSA contributions can only be made at the start of the School Year. The RRSP-HSA form must be sent to Capital Planing Estates before 15th of August for the change to be made for the following School Year