In 1963, I arrived in Canada from Ireland and married Jim. We have three children and three grandchildren and another grandchild expected in June. We moved to Fort McMurray in 1976 after spending 7 years in Fort Chipewyan.
Over the years I have belonged to many organizations in Fort McMurray including:
- Can Share (visiting palliative care patients in their homes)
- Girl Guides of Canada/Guides du Canada. I am still involved and have been a leader for 42 years.
- Various positions in P. T. A.’s (Parent Teacher Associations as they were called then), Fr. Turcotte, Fr. Beauregard, St. Gabriel and Fr. Patrick Mercredi Schools.Minor Hockey Association
- The Irish Dancing Society
- St. John the Baptist Catholic Church. Presently I am a facilitator, reader and communion minister
As a School Trustee I truly enjoy being invited in our catholic schools to attend various liturgies and concerts. Reading to students on literacy days and sharing information about Ireland on St. Patrick’s Day and having student taste Christmas pudding is always special and great way to connect with our wonderful children.
When I am not playing Scabble with Jim, I love attending Keyano Theatre and cheering my grandchildren playing hockey, soccer, ballet, tap, Guides and band recitals.
I can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 780-743-3992
Get In Touch
Fort McMurray Catholic Board of Education
9809 Main St.
Fort McMurray, AB, T9H 1T7
Phone: 780-799-5700 Fax: 780-799-5706