High School Transportation
High School Student Transportation Services are provided in accordance with the Section 51(1)(a) of the Alberta School Act and the Alberta School Transportation Regulation (Alberta Regulation 102/2017).
The Regulations requires Alberta School Jurisdictions to provide transportation services at no cost to:
- students who live 2.4 kilometres or more away from their designated schools;
- students who have a disability that prohibits them from using regular transportation services and are transported using Specialized Transportation;
The distance from the designated school is based on walking distance measured using walkways and trails. It is measured using a specialized software approved by Alberta Education. The use of commercial mapping software such as Google Maps will not be considered.
To determine the distance to your designated school, please use the following link EDULOG WEB QUERY. Enter your address and select: CATH or FCTH (French Immersion) in the Program Field.
Father Mercredi High School – Bus Service
Yellow Bus Transportation
- Available for students in Grades 7 to 9 residing south of the Athabasca River
- Available for all students ( Grade 7 – 12) residing in Saprae Creek and Prairie Creek.
- Available for all students attending Father Mercredi High School
- Special school routes are only coordinated for the School Designated Areas (Thickwood, Wood Buffalo, Dickinsfield & south of Athabasca River)
- Schedules are available on the RMWB Transit Web Site
Holy Trinity Catholic High School – Bus Service
Yellow Bus Transportation
- Available for students in French Immersion Program not residing in Timberlea or Parsons Creek
- Available for all students attending Holy Trinity Catholic High School
- Special school routes are only coordinated for the School Designated Areas (Timberlea & Parsons Creek)
- Schedules are available on the RMWB Transit Web Page
Eligible Students (those residing 2.4 kilometres or more from their designated school) can obtain a free monthly transit pass from the school administration office. Bus passes are only provided for students taking the bus to and from school.
Non-eligible students may purchase a monthly transit pass at a cost of a cost of $34.25 from the RMWB. The monthly bus passes are also available for sale at the School Office at a cost of $35.
Yellow Bus Users
Students requiring Yellow Bus Transportation must complete a transportation request form at least seven (7) days prior to the commencement of service. To have the student ride on the bus in the first week of school, the request form must be submitted on or before 4 pm on Monday August 28th, 2017 .
Request for Yellow Bus Transportation can be made online using this form :
(ONLY FOR STUDENTS ELIGIBLE FOR YELLOW BUS TRANSPORTATION – SEE ABOVE)
Get In Touch
Fort McMurray Catholic Board of Education
9809 Main St.
Fort McMurray, AB, T9H 1T7
Phone: 780-799-5700 Fax: 780-799-5706