Registration & Admission Guide
The following guide is provided to assist parents with students attending Fort McMurray Catholic Schools in September 2017.
First day of School
The first day of school for students in Grades 1 to 12 is Tuesday, September 5th. Children in the Early Entry Program (EEP) or in Kindergarten start later in the week. Parents will be contacted individually to inform them of the first day of school for their children.
The supplies list for all Catholic Schools is available here. Supplies list apply to students from ECS to Grade 9.
New students registering in a Fort McMurray Catholic School for the first time must complete a pre-registration form available here online. This should be followed by a visit to the school in late August before the start of class to provide all necessary documentation such as birth certificate, citizenship information and immunization record.
Moving from EEP to Kindergarten and transfers between schools
If not done already, the completion of the On-line pre-registration form available is also required for:
- Children moving from an Early Entry Program (EEP) to Kindergarten;
- Students transferring from one Catholic School to another. This allows the new school to prepare for the arrival of the new student, place the student in a homeroom and budget for the appropriate staff.
- Students transferring to Grade 7 at Holy Trinity or Father Mercredi High School that already provided their notification/intention forms in the Spring are not required to re-register. The High School is already aware of the arrival of the students. Students are still required to complete the admission procedures at their respective High School – see details below).
Yellow Bus Transportation
If you require Yellow Bus transportation for September 2017, you must:
- Read the Student Transportation Policy to determine if you qualify for Yellow Bus Service. There are several restrictions on the services provided.
- Submit an online Request for Transportation Services on of before August 28th
- More detailed information is also available on the following pages:
For Questions or Inquiries, please use the following links below:
Transportation Inquiries (for inquiries only)
Get In Touch
Fort McMurray Catholic Board of Education
9809 Main St.
Fort McMurray, AB, T9H 1T7
Phone: 780-799-5700 Fax: 780-799-5706