We are very excited for our PD tomorrow. @gcouros will be working with our teachers. Support staff will be at St Martha working on their PD!
January 28, 2015
Congratulations to the Teens for Change group at Holy Trinity Catholic High School for being named one of the Alberta Council for Global Coorporation’s Top 30 Under 30!
FORT MCMURRAY’S HOLY...
Early Entry Program
The Early Entry Program (EEP) is offered to parents as an optional program that is not funded by the Province of Alberta. The Fort McMurray Catholic Board of Education funds 85% of the cost while user fees cover the remaining 15%.
The EEP program fee for the 2014/15 school year is $500 per children. The first payment of $100 was made at the time of acceptance into the program.
The following paymen...[ read more ]
Extreme Ice Hazard
Given the very icy condition in Fort McMurray, parents are asked to take the following precautions before sending their children to school on Monday. Please discuss these with your children
- trails or sidewalks may be very icy – where possible consider walking in the snow rather than on the trails
- wear appropriate boots or shoes – look for flat soles with soft rubber
- walk very slowly with small steps, give yourself more time to get to school or to the bus stop;
- make sure the children have two free hands for balance – wear a back pack to carry items;
- if driving your child to school, be careful when leaving the vehicle;
- falls on ice can lead to serious injuries – this is not the time to play around and push other kids. Protect your head – consider having younger children wear a bike or skating helmet
Our snow removal contractor will sand sidewalks, entrances and parking lots on Sunday evening. However, given the amount of ice, it is impossible to cover all areas and trails around the schools. With the high temperatures expected, it is possible that the water may re-freeze overnight and lead to more icy conditions in the morning.
Get In Touch
Fort McMurray Catholic Board of Education
9809 Main St.
Fort McMurray, AB, T9H 1T7
Phone: 780-799-5700 Fax: 780-799-5706